- New blog post
- 21st - 25th October 2019, Attending Data Science Africa, Accra, Ghana
- 30th August 2019, Running a maker session together with my students at the Deep Learning Indaba, repo
- 28th August 2019, Giving a Keynote at the Deep Learning Indaba, slides
- 10 January 2019, Participating in the Workshop on IoT & Data Analytics in Agriculture at JKUAT slides
- 3 - 5 January 2019, Giving a Keynote at the Data, Learning and Inference (DALI) meeting in George, South Africa.
- 12 - 16 November 2018: Data Science Africa 2018 Abuja. Giving anIntro to IoT
- 17 - 19 September 2018: Attending the ARM research summit to talk about Data Science Africa,slides.
I am a lecturer at Dedan Kimathi University of Technology in Nyeri, Kenya where I also conduct research in a number of areas including bioacoustics, IoT, machine learning and data science.
Prior to joining DeKUT in 2013, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Sheffield between 2011 and 2013, a PhD student at Drexel University in Philadelphia, USA between 2007 and 2011 and a BSc Student at the University of Nairobi between 2002 and 2007.
For more information visit the following links